Thursday 8 November 2012

Why Do You Wear Make-Up - Tag

I've seen this tag going round lots of blogs at the moment, so I thought I would try it, seeing as I love my tags at the moment!

Why do you wear make-up?

1. When did you begin loving make-up.

I'm not sure I started really loving it until very recently. My first experience with make-up was playing with Glitter Babes (Remember them? Do they even still exist?) nail polishes when I was about 8/9, but that was all my mum would let me buy. That and glittery body gel (Why Mum, why?). When I was 11/12, for our last primary school disco however, my mum agreed to let me wear a little eyeshadow, liner and mascara, but she applied it. Good thing too, would probably have looked like Coco the Clown if I'd tried it myself. I didn't really start wearing make-up regularly until I was about 14/15, but it's only really been in the last year or two that I've really begun getting excited about make-up and trying new things :) So I'd say I was about 22 when I first started to really love make-up. I know, late bloomer and all that...

2. How do you feel without make-up?

I honestly feel fine without make-up. I don't wear it a lot when I'm working, because working in a care job doesn't always lend itself well to maintaining yourself, as more often than not, I'm more preoccupied with what my service-user is doing rather than remembering to blot, powder and reapply lipstick! Mostly for work, all I do is: Skincare, blot, primer (seals in skincare and protects against the elements) and lip-balm, and maybe some tea-tree oil if I have a spot. My skin's pretty good despite its oiliness so I don't mind baring all when I head out!

3. What do you love about make-up?


I love its versatility mostly. You can use it to just enhance your natural beauty - like you, but better - or you can use it to dramatically alter how you look. You can be anyone you want to be!

I also love the fact that, like with many things, cheap doesn't necessarily equate to bad quality products, and expensive make-up isn't always that great. Sometimes it's more about what works for you personally.

The final thing I love about make-up is that it's a great leveller. You can have all the designer make-up in the world, but if you don't know how to apply it, then it's pointless. I've seen some budget beauty challenges that created amazing looks, and I've seen some designer make-up tutorials that looks awful. It doesn't matter what make-up you wear, just make it work for you :)

4. What are your 3 Holy Grail items?

1. L'Oreal Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer - £14.29 from here.

I've yet to try a better primer than this (P.S. this is a pretty good dupe for the Clarins Instant Touch Primer, and it's cheaper, score!). It mattifies, it minimses my huge pores, it makes my base last the whole day (bar touch ups on oily bits). I love it!

2. Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara - £10.99 from here.

This is my go-to mascara. I don't need much length, but I need volume and definition, which this gives in spades. I always have beautiful doll-like, voluminous lashes with this; it just works for me better than any other mascara I've tried. I like it better than Benefit's They're Real.

3. Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte Lip Colour in L'Exuberante - £25 (I paid £20.50 in Duty Free) from here.

I originally wanted a different shade, but when I swatched this as I passed through duty free, I fell in love. If you want to make one designer purchase in your life, make it a Chanel lipstick. It makes you feel like a goddess! If I feel a bit crap, I get glammed up, put this on, and I instantly feel better, like I can take on the world! I shall try to review it soon for you, and let you experience it in its full gorgeous glory!

Why do you wear make-up?

Christina xo

6 comments:

  1. Ooh I would love to try a Chanel Rouge Lip Colour! And I love that Max Factor mascara too :)

    x Ellie @ Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to find a better mascara! And I would highly recommend that Chanel lipstick, it's like an instant glamour injection :) x

      Delete
  2. Good tag :)

    Thanks for joining my Blog Hop

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) love blog-hopping and enjoyed reading yours too! xo

      Delete
  3. Just found you blog from a blog hop. Came to drop in a hi :)

    ReplyDelete