Wednesday 10 October 2012

Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets (Powder Free) - A Holy Grail?

Hi, my name is Christina, and I have an oily face. Not exactly an overwhelming confession, but it's true. My skin is so oily, if it's hot you could probably cook eggs off it. As a result, I'm always looking for the most effective ways to curb the crazy sebum-stream my face produces. Most of my skincare is tailored for oily skin, and I prefer matte foundations and primers. However the single biggest weapon in my arsenal is blotting sheets. I've tried 3 types so far: Boots Skin Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets (£3.56 - they were OK, tended to leave powdery residue), An Elf 3pack of different sheets that I can't find on their website (I wouldn't bother anyway, they didn't work), and Elf's Professional Shine Eraser Sheets (£1.50). I used to swear by the Professional Shine Eraser Sheets, but their only fault was that it's a bit of a pain having to order them in because you can't buy them on the high street, me being the intanst gratification type of shopper that I am. Now enter Kleenex.

Kleenex have recently brought out a range of facial products, including Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets. At £2.99 (usually on offer somewhere though) they are more pricey than Elf's offering, but they're readily available from most supermarkets and from Boots and Superdrug stores nationwide.






Also, don't these sheets look beautiful? It makes wiping oil slicks from your face look stylish! On the patterned side it has a tissue-type material, but the blotting side feels like a thin plastic-type sheet that sticks to the skin slightly to help pick up more oil. Not only do they look nice but... THEY WORK! They remove way more oil from my face than the Elf Shine Eraser's ever did. I didn't have any Elf sheets left for a comparison, but I've taken pictures of the Kleenex sheets in action to illustrate just how much they pick up:

Before:





After:





Yes, all those dark bits are the oil from my face (Gross but cool yes?). The best part about these is that previously with the Elf Shine Eraser I used to need 3-4 to get rid of all the oil from my face, whereas I usually only need 1 (sometimes 2) of the Kleenex sheets, so already they're better value for money. The Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets also won't affect your make-up, which was sometimes an issue with the Elf sheets, and they don't leave any residue.

Now, are these my holy grail blotting tissues? Given that they work, are good value for money, pretty and compact AND easy to obtain when I'm in town? I think they might be. If you have oily skin yourself I would highly recommend having these in your handbag, helping you to fight the oily war on you face :P

Do you have oily skin? Do you find using blotting tissues helps?

Christina xo

2 comments:

  1. Hey Christina, i have nominated you for a Liebster Award :-)

    http://chloeleonardmakeupartist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh wow! .... What's a Liebster award? Either way I'm honoured :) xx

      Delete