Tuesday 2 October 2012

The Beauty Bloggers Tag

True to my word about doing more blogging tags, I saw this tag on Beautifully Superfluous written by the lovely Helen, and enjoyed reading it so I thought I'd give it a go!

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
It's what I would call kinky (ooh-er). My hair's fine, reasonably straight but it tends to flick out a lot. Especially now it's shorter.

2. What is your natural hair color?
It's probably strawberry-blonde. It's reddish, but goes blonde when the sun comes out, and gets darker in the winter. Chameleon hair!

This is me, hello!  

3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I was once told by my Mum and Dad that if I ever dyed my hair they would disown me! I've never dyed it because I don't really want to test that theory :P also I love my hair, I'm the only one in my family with red hair, so it'd be a shame to hide it.

4. How often do you wash your hair?
Every 2nd day usually, or more if I have a lot of events going on.


5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
When I'm at work it's usually up in a pony, or natural. I prefer curling my hair and making it look bedheady to straight when I'm not working.

6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I generally do my own nails, but if I'm going somewhere fancy I'll have a manicure. Last time I had a manicure was in Feb/March before I went to my friend's film premiere (glam!).

7. How often to you change your nail polish?
Not often, because I don't generally wear it to work. I'd say maybe twice a week?

8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
Usually just during the summer, I'm too lazy sometimes!

9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
Bog-standard work day? Around 20 mins. If I'm going out it usually takes longer, anything up to an hour.

10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Eyes, I'm so messy, so I do my eyes first so I don't get make-up stuck to my base.


11. Do you "collect" makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
A bit of both, I have a few things I've collected, and I like collecting my MUA palettes. Mainly though I just go with what I need.

12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Never. Though this might change at Halloween! I just don't find them comfy at all, so I avoid wearing them. If I want longer lashes I use fibres.

13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
No, I'm quite lazy a lot of the time! At work there's not much point in me wearing make-up and on a day off I just want to sleep all the time!

14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
Sometimes I do if I'm experimenting, or trialling something. But generally not.

15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Yes. I don't know if you've noticed yet, but I'm a right lazy bitch if I'm not working. Sometimes I just can't be bothered with make-up (gasp!)


16. How many high end products do you have?
A lot. Not as much as some beauty bloggers I imagine, but still a lot.

This is the extent of my collection so far. I think my favourite high-end brand is Chanel. Chanel always makes you feel classy, without fail :) (N.B. the Dainty Doll make-up was sent to me by Debenhams, I didn't pay for it, but I figured it counts as high-end still.)

17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
Less often than I probably should. I don't have time in the mornings! Or if I'm in a hurry, I know my boyfriend would kick my ass if I held us up just to wash brushes :P

18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
If I'm getting up for a day-shift (starting at 7.30am), then I'll leave clothes out the night before so I don't have to faff. Otherwise I tend to go with the flow!

19. How often do you change your handbag?
Probably every 2 days, it depends on what shift I'm working, or if I'm off, on where I'm going and for how long etc.

20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
Usually about half 10/11 on a work night, and I always wake up about 7am, no matter how late I go to bed.

21. How often & when do you workout?
...No comment! Again, lazy bitch. :P

22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
Right-handed.

23. How tall are you?
I am not tall at all, I'm around 5ft and half an inch.

24. Do you speak a foreign language?
I can speak a little of: Spanish, French and Scottish Gaelic.

25. How many pets do you have?
Does Kris count? :P I don't have any pets, I would love a pug though. Only because I could call him Frank and get him to wear little MIB suits, heehee!

26. How often are you on Blogger?
Around once a week at the moment, mainly due to lack of time at home, and lack of energy when I am at home.

27. Do you read the comments posted on blogs?
Yes, I don't get many, but I enjoy getting feedback and having a chat with folk generally.

28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
If I see something I like, I can usually remember to try it at some point, but I also sometimes post things to my Amazon wish-list, to remind me.

29. How did you come up with your blog name?
I live in Fife, also known as the Kingdom of Fife, and this blog is partly about my life and also about beauty, so that's how I came up with "Tales From the Kingdom".

30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
My Samsung Galaxy Nexus cameraphone. I should try using my digital camera more I think.

31. How often do you clean your house? (Daily, weekly, other)
Let's just say that I don't tidy it as often as I should. I try to, but I just tend to leave everything lying around. Ooops! Lazy bitch syndrome strikes again...

32. What is your favorite color?
Purple, I love all things purple!

33. What is your favorite beauty/fashion magazine?
I don't really have a favourite per se. I really like Elle and Glamour, but I will read most fashion and beauty magazines.

34. Do you swear?
Constantly. Which is a barrel of laughs when you work with people who have echolalia, let me tell you!

35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?Having spaghetti with my boyfriend Kris, then we're heading to our local for the pub quiz, ROCK ON!


And here is a picture of Kris and me, just because :)

I hope you have enjoyed this brief snapshot of my mind, and hope I haven't freaked you out with my rampant laziness :P

Christina xo

No comments:

Post a Comment