Monday 7 January 2013

Skincare: Home and Away Part 2

On Friday I shared with you the skincare routine I follow while I'm at home. Some of you may know that I am a support worker for adults with autism, and that job sometimes involves staying overnight at work on night-shifts and sleepover shifts. In addition to that, I also travel home to Glasgow often, so having a good travel skincare routine is crucial. I thought it might be interesting to show you guys what I use on the go as well, since people seem to have enjoyed my first post!






Yes I use face-wipes. So sue me. For some reason, quite a lot of beauty bloggers have a problem with face-wipes (I don't know what or why), and they seem to look down upon using wipes. For me, these T-Zone Shine Control Cleansing Wipes are brilliant at taking all my make-up off fast, reduces shine and also have tea-tree oil so it means they help a bit with breakouts. The reason I use face-wipes is that in my line of work, you never know when something might happen, or when someone might need you, so there's not always enough time to do a full cleanse-tone-etc. routine, so these wipes come in handy for that. The link will take you to an online retailer, but if you live near a Home Bargains store, they sell these for 49p a pack. BARGAIN!!

If I have time to do a full routine, whether at work or if I'm away, I start by cleansing with DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. This was the infamous mini given away with a Glossybox and I'm still working my way through it. Self explanatory: rub into face, leave for 1 minute, then rinse. Done! This bottle is nearly finished, and as much as I like it I can't rebuy it (Damn you no-buy!). Next up, I have a travel size bottle of my favourite Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner, because it's the one product I can't travel without! After toning, I use a serum, No.7 Pore Refining Serum. I use this in my travel bag for 2 reasons: 1. My pores are craterous and 2. It's the only serum I have that's travel friendly (i.e. it's not a sachet.). It's good for reducing the size of my pores, but I should really try to use it more often to reap the benefits. Because it's currently winter, I'm using Body Shop's Vitamin E Moisture Cream for moisturising, which is doing wonders for balancing out the dry and oily parts of my skin, leaving it more evenly matched. And for spots, my trusted T-Zone Spot Zapping Stick, from Home Bargains.

There are some similar products in here and in my home routine, but my general rule for travel skincare is don't let it take up too much bag space. Which is why I take as many minis as possible. Body Shop are particularly good for offering travel sizes of their best skincare products, and whenever you can, ask at counters for sample sizes. If you don't ask, you don't get so it's always worth a shot!

That's my travel skincare routine and my tips; how do you take care of your skin when you travel? What products can you simply not travel without?

Christina xo

No comments:

Post a Comment